Hate Crime Awareness Grants for Hate Crime Awareness Week 4th to 10th February 2019 – Apply by Monday 21st January 2019
Hate Crime Awareness Grants
Greater Manchester’s Hate Crime Awareness Week 4th-10th February 2019 is now in its seventh year and continues to go from strength to strength. In Trafford we celebrate our strong, diverse communities, recognising the many faiths and cultures across our borough, and we are proud that Trafford remains the safest borough in Greater Manchester.
However, nationally there has been a rise in hate crime, defined as an act that is committed against any person or group that is motivated by hostility and prejudice based upon disability, race, ethnic origin or nationality, religion, sexual orientation, gender orientation or alternative subculture. Offences include such things as name calling, verbal abuse, bullying, harassment, spitting, physical attacks, damage to property, graffiti, written notes, emails and text messages.
Trafford Council, Trafford Housing Trust Social Investment Board and the Greater Manchester Combined Authority are making £20,000 available to fund events and activity during Hate Crime Awareness Week and for projects to tackle hate crime.
Grants of up to £500 are available to support events and up to £2,000 for projects.
In particular we are looking for projects that:
- · Raise awareness about the impacts of hate crime
- · Reach an audience who know little or nothing about hate crime
- · Raise awareness of how to report hate crime incidents
- · Strengthen relationships in the local area between people of different communities, religious and ethnic background, and ages
- · Work to reduce crime and/or perception of crime in the area
- · Promote and celebrate community cohesion and diversity
- · Work closely with local businesses to help spread awareness of Hate Crime Awareness Week
The deadline for submission of applications is Monday 21st January 2019 at 9am.
Events must take place during Hate Crime Awareness Week 4th – 10th February 2019 and projects must be underway by 1st March 2019.
Contact the Partnerships and Communities Team on 0161 912 1173 or at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. January 4, 2019