ROC Community Mentoring Programme
Redeeming Our Communities (ROC) has partnered with COACH Community Mentoring to offer a community strengthening programme that aims to empower disadvantaged children, young people and families and build resilience in individuals through one to one mentoring.
ROC Community Mentoring in partnership with COACH is delivered to the community by volunteer mentors supported by a ROC Community Mentor Coordinator.
What is offered?
• Professional training to deliver high impact, goal focussed mentoring.
• Assistance with setting up a safe and effective programme.
• Membership of a national mentoring network across the UK
Please note that new partners must pay a fee for the above
What are the benefits?
- Long-term sustainable transformation of communities, rather than focusing on individuals in isolation.
- Goal-focussed, with on average 70% reaching significant goals.
- 63% of participants enter into some form of community.
- High quality mentoring due to thorough screening, training and ongoing support of mentors. COACH has been externally evaluated on two occasions by Monash University.
- Low cost due to volunteer-based nature of the programme.
- The scheme has been developed with the safety of volunteers and participants in mind. A robust policy and procedural framework includes risk management strategies, a thorough selection and matching process and 14 hours mentor training.
- The scheme offers a safe and structured framework for volunteers to support individuals in their local community.
- A 2 day initial training programme in year one for up to 15 volunteers, covering an introduction to mentoring as well as boundaries and risks.
- An eight step implementation plan
- Ongoing ROC support including: o troubleshooting / problem solving advice o further training opportunities o signposting to relevant funding along with advice and tips o advice on establishing effective referral pathways o branding and marketing support
- Membership of a national network of churches and organisations delivering community mentoring
- Regular good news stories and inspiration from other ROC community mentors across the UK
For more information about ROC Community Mentoring in partnership with COACH, please contact: 0161 393 4511/ email@example.com
If you would like to be sent a copy of the ‘assessment guidelines’ for the project please email firstname.lastname@example.org March 28, 2019