Volunteer Job Club Assistant, Trafford Council
To assist the job seekers in the job club to find suitable employment using a range of job search websites, social media sites and employer websites. The job club will have up to ten laptops running for job seekers to use, and the volunteers will support the job seekers in all aspects of looking for work.
Training will be provided to ensure volunteers will be confident in:
- Assisting with job searches using a range of job search websites such as Indeed, CV Library, Monster Jobs etc.
- Assist job seekers to find work on social media channels such as X, Facebook and Linkedin.
- Supporting job seekers to complete job applications.
- Assisting with basic I.T. requirement e.g. logging on to email, uploading job applications and uploading CV’s to websites.
- Using resources to help people find more innovative ways to find work, such as using Yell.com and Prospects.
- Supporting job seekers in creating and developing their CV.
- Broomwood Community Centre, Timperley, every Monday from 1pm – 3pm
- Stretford Library, every Tuesday from 10am – 12pm
- Urmston Library, every Tuesday from 1pm – 3pm
- Sale West Community Centre, every Wednesday from 10am – 12pm
- Your Housing Group Partington, every Wednesday from 1pm – 3pm
- St Johns Centre Old Trafford, every Thursday from 10am – 12pm
- Connexions Sale, every Thursday from 1pm – 3pm
All sites are accessible.
- Basic knowledge of IT, such as using websites such as job search websites.
- Excellent interpersonal skills when supporting the general public.
- Reliability to attend the job clubs on a weekly basis.
- Welcoming and friendly personality.
- Willing to learn more about employment skills and how to offer individual client focused support.
- Passionate about helping people to overcome barriers.
- Patience and empathy to deal with people who are in difficult situations.
- Excellent listening skills; understand what they’re looking for, identify transferable skills they possess.
- Understand the procedure of job hunting and have had experience of looking for jobs and a history of employment.
- Previous experience of supporting back to work programmes.
How to apply / further information
Telephone: Alan Bennett, 07977 717239