Evolve Greater Manchester Conference – Friday 13th June 2014
Fees reduced by 40% – NOW ONLY £59
GMCVO has partnered with NCVO to bring Evolve to Greater Manchester. Come along to our Evolve conference and hear some brilliant high-profile speakers with national reputations and take part in stimulating workshops covering topical issues – all designed to help your organisation respond and react creatively through practical action and new ideas to the current massive political, economic and social changes taking place.
- Professor Michael Parkinson CBE of Liverpool University and “one of the world’s leading thinkers about cities” will talk about the extent to which we are moving towards a city-based economy and more autonomous regional cities and what this means to local communities and real people.
- Richard Harries, Deputy Director of Reform and previously at the Office for Civil Society, will address public service reform, how relationships between the state, private and voluntary sectors people are changing, and the interaction of economic and social value.
- Our illuminating line-up of speakers also includes Sir Stuart Etherington, Chief Executive of NCVO and Alex Whinnom, Chief Executive of GMCVO.
- How Operational Research can improve your organisation’s decision making – Graham Rand, Lancaster University
- Crowdfunding – Anne Strachan, CrowdfundUK
- Health and Care: ensuring the voluntary sector understands where we are going – Nicola Onley, Healthier Together
- Changing Landscapes for the Third Sector – Rob McMillan, Third Sector Research Centre
- How to be innovative: learning from service innovation research – Ian Miles, Manchester Institute of Innovation Research
- Identifying hidden assets in a community – Jez Hall, Shared Future CIC and Muir Bottrill, Asha Project
- Can we make a difference? (campaigning) – Ben Gilchrist, Community Voluntary Action Tameside
- The good, the bad and the ugly: Community Partner Network – Kim Aumann, Community Partner, Co-Director BoingBoing and Susanne Martikke, Researcher, GMCVO
- Charities Aid Foundation
- Unity Trust Bank
- GMCVO Databases
For further details of the workshops and to choose which you'd like to attend, please click here.
For further information about the event, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call GMCVO, 0161 277 1002
The Greater Manchester event will precede the Evolve event in London on 16th June. Ideas, issues and learning from our event will directly inform the debate there. Location: Manchester on Friday, 13 June 2014
Website Link: http://www.gmcvo.org.uk/2nd June 2014