Groups Wanted for Love Food Hate Waste Project – Funding and Training Provided for Cookery Clubs
Groups wanted to take part in the 10 cities 'Let’s Get Cooking Cookery Club' in Trafford.
'Love Food Hate Waste' cookery clubs as part of the 10 cities campaign are looking for a group in Trafford to run a cookery club, details of what is involved is outlined below:
- To be part of the project, up to two club leaders from participating organisations will need to attend a two day practical training course in their city between Monday 19 January and Friday 6 March 2015 and a one-day follow-up events between Monday 14 September and Friday 30 October 2015.
- Each Club will need to run two blocks of five cookery classes, which will include one celebration event per block, between March 2015 and March 2016.
- Cookery Classes should be aimed at adults from your local community but parent and child cookery classes are welcomed.
- £150 funding for existing LGC clubs, to support your club sessions
- £250 funding for new groups to support the costs of setting up and running a new club
- Free bespoke training (this would cost £650 per person)
- Bespoke recipe and activity pack
- A detailed training pack with everything you need to know to set up and run LFHW Cookery Classes in your city
- New and exciting recipes
- Tips & techniques to reduce food waste
- A unique opportunity to make a difference in your community
This fantastic project is completely FREE to take part in.
In true Let’s Get Cooking style, the training will include cooking yummy recipes and will empower you with the skills and knowledge to deliver LFHW Cookery Classes in your city.
Throughout the project, cooking will be used as the vehicle to reduce the amount of food wasted across the 10 Cities.
Did you know that the average family wastes £60 worth of good food per month? Let’s help the families of your city save this money by learning how to make delicious, nutritious recipes using left overs, savvy shopping techniques, smarter storage and making perfect food portions.
As a group you will also need to have access to a venue where you can cook, has water and electrical sockets to facilitate group cooking sessions.
For further details and to apply please click here. 20th January 2015