Want to Make a Difference in Your Local Community? Learn ABCD skills
Are you looking to make a difference in your local community?
Come along to a one-day ABCD workshop at Longford Park from 9:30am to 4pm on Tuesday 9th June 2015, with lunch included.
The workshop is open to anyone who wishes to learn the ABCD skills and make a difference in their local community.
ABCD considers local assets (people, physical assets etc.) as the primary building blocks of sustainable community development. It offers a robust evidence-based framework for social change, challenging us to consider the following questions:
- What is it that communities can do best?
- What do communities require help with?
- What do communities need outside agencies to do for them?
- Give you an understanding of the history of ABCD, relating it to your experience of community development.
- Identify the six building blocks or assets of community building.
- Explore how these building blocks can be more effectively identified, connected and mobilised to action in local neighbourhoods.
- Involve you in ABCD tools such as asset mapping that you can then use to introduce ABCD to the neighbourhoods where you live and/or work.
You will have a good understanding of ABCD and how ABCD can be taken into action in neighbourhoods in a way that stays true to the principles of the approach.
For further information about the workshop and ABCD please click here.
If you are interested in attending please confirm your attendance by close of play on Wednesday 3rd June. To attend please email Paul Burton on email@example.com or call 07794 080085 1st June 2015